Compass Center (www.compassctr.org) is gearing up for training next month in a number of positions serving individuals in our community who have experienced domestic violence. We would love to see Triangle redditors spread the word about these opportunities with anyone you think might be interested! You can read more about our volunteer positions here – http://compassctr.org/get-involved/volunteer-opportunities/
Compass Center is currently in most need of:
- Domestic Violence Response Advocates – work directly with survivors in-person and over the phone on our 24-hour hotline providing crisis intervention, emotional support, shelter placement, and community referrals. Compass Center has a great need at this time for Spanish-speaking advocates.
- Court Advocates – support and advocate for clients in domestic violence court on Thursdays.
- Spanish Interpreter/Translators – Interpret with clients over the hotline and in-person, and/or translate written materials including educational information and court-related documents.
- First Response Volunteers – first point of contact for individuals who call or come to our office; FRVs welcome clients, assess their needs and goals, and connect them to Compass Center services and community resources.
- Domestic Violence Community Educators – facilitate presentations, workshops, and trainings that educate the community about domestic violence and Compass Center services. We have a strong need for bilingual educators.
- Start Strong Facilitators – School-based program in which facilitators lead interactive presentations on bullying, healthy/unhealthy romantic relationships, red flags for abuse, and bystander intervention.
- Career Program Volunteers – Assist Compass Center clients in job search, resume/cover letter development, and other career-related needs.
- Childcare Volunteers – provide childcare for Compass Center clients while they attend our support groups and workshops.
To submit an application, click here -> http://compassctr.org/volunteer-application/